Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a Dometic A/C and Heating in my forest river 2013.

Customer Question

I have a Dometic A/C and Heating in my forest river 2013. I keep getting a code E 1. I have tried to turn it off and push the mode and the + buttons at the same time and have received the -- sign. But still cannot get it to turn on the ac or heat. any advice?
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind, just refund me my money, I will have to take it into a shop now. It is hot and I'm on vacation.
Rex Perkins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Sorry for the delay, the E-1 is a communication fault, could be an issue with the thermostat, wiring or circuit board inside the AC unit. What you can try is remove all power from the AC unit for about 20 mins, disconnect the shore cord and batteries. Sometimes taking away all the power will reset the thermostat and sometimes that code will go away, if not will have to find a shop with a test thermostat and cable to help narrow the problem down. IF you would still like a refund please let me know asap.... Robert