gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a Dometic Americana rv refrigerator model 2652. the

Customer Question

i have a Dometic Americana rv refrigerator model 2652. the electric side works but when it changes to lp gas it won"t light. I have gas at the valve and the igniter is clicking,and have 12 volts at the solenoid valve. What could the problem be?
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.
Hi, first make sure the burner is clean, then lets see if there is gas passing thru the gas valve and that its getting 12volts from the board to open. So blow out the burner..............Now take a test light or volt meter, and have someone turn it on gas while you have the voltmeter on the two connectors on the valve. If there is voltage there..........NEXT take the tubing off the output side of the valve..........Disconnect the ignitor wire from the board. Now take some licqued soap and cover the end of the fitting, and lets see if there is gas coming thru when it goes into the lighting sequence. thanks let me know