peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Have Dometic model 59516.531 Product ####-##-####Roof top AC.

Customer Question

Have Dometic model 59516.531 Product ####-##-####Roof top AC. The AC will not turn on when the Thermostat is switched to Cool. The same thermostat will turn on the furnace, and the fan can be turned on in the cool mode, but only when switched from Auto to ON. Also, the Hi or Lo will function either in the Heat or Cool, but the compressor does not start when the Cool position is switched on. My question is my problem in the Thermostat, or the relay board. I have checked the start run capacitor for the compressor, and it appears to check out. Any ideas on what to check on either the Thermostat, Relay board, or the compressor?
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not heard a response to the above question. Is it still being worked ON?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone number (land line)(###) ###-#### ***** cell(###) ###-#### I have requested a phone direct with he rv mechanic.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
From what you have described here this sounds like a possible fault with the ac compressor itself.I have seen compressor failure before that will cause an issue like this here and had to replace the compressor or ac unit.I would have this tested further by a service center if you can have this done to make sure the compressor is the cause.
Thanks Pete