peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

My auxiliary battery in my 2000 VW Eurovan Camper will not

Customer Question

My auxiliary battery in my 2000 VW Eurovan Camper will not hold a charge nor will the electrical devices, pumps, interior lights, refrigerator even run when the shoreline is connected. Any suggestions?
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
This sounds like a possible fault with the power inverter itself.On most models a power inverter is used to charge up the battery as well as run the electronics.I would have this checked/tested further to see if this is the cause here needing replaced.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for responding. I dropped our vehicle off at our mechanics on Monday and after describing the problem to him, the power inverter was one of the things they were considering.