Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Where is the circuit breaker located in my 2005 Fleetwood Excursion R

Customer Question

Hi Robert,
Where is the circuit breaker located in my 2005 Fleetwood Excursion
I have no power to my inside lights / Generator / Radio / Roof lights / Bedroom lights, and I was going to look for the breaker box to see if a breaker was tripped.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Are you missing ALL the DC power for the house items? Does the furnace or water heater work etc... IF all the DC power is missing it could be an issue with the disconnect solenoid. Need to know if all the house power is out... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Near the entry door or step switch do you have a disconnect switch for the house power? IF so and you hit that switch do you hear a click each time?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have a Luggage / Celing / Entry / porch switch no disconnect switch unless I'm looking in the wrong place
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Your owners manual is indicating that you have one, it could be at the house battery, manual dis-connect switch or inside with a remote switch, sometimes that switch is right near the entry steps or in an overhead cabinet or on the monitor panel... Below is what the manual says... I will take a look again to see if says location.. Robert
Battery Disconnect
Some accessories or equipment such as clocks,
radios or the refrigerator may draw small
amounts of current even when turned OFF. For
your convenience, relay operated disconnect circuits
may be equipped with your motor home.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That would help because I just bought this unit, and I have no clue where these items are located
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
It is not giving location of the switch, I am fairly certain you have one as there should be a battery control box next to the batteries and it should say RV customs, the solenoid for the disconnect will be buried in that box. IF you can not find a switch inside let me know and I will put your question back up for other experts. My thinking is the switch is OFF or the solenoid failed not allowing all the DC power into the RV. IF you like I can also send you a copy of the owners manual.... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the owners manual, I'm in the battery compartment and I see a Xantrex (Freedom 458) inverter charger, and in the second compartment I see two battery's with a 50amp fuse, and in the third compartment 4 batteries , don't see a switch Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
The switch most likely would be inside. I am going to put your question back up for other experts. Maybe another expert will know exact location. I do not know when another expert will respond, they come and go daily. IF I find anything out I will jump back in.... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep please do as I need to get on the road and start heading out Robert,
Need some help here boy's!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm still looking for some help Robert.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please do not charge my credit card as you policy states that if you can not help with my questions that no charge will be processed. 7/1/15
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Sorry no other experts responded, I will request a refund for you...
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,Please let me know so I don't need to call Visa