Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

JUST TRYING TO TROUBLESHOOT A PROPANE ISSUE DISCOVERED YESTERDAY

Customer Question

JUST TRYING TO TROUBLESHOOT A PROPANE ISSUE DISCOVERED YESTERDAY IN THE FIELD. CONNECTED A 150 LB BOTTLE TO THE COASH (1/2 FULL) INDICATOR SHOWS RED. DOES IT JEST NEED TO EQUALIZE OR IS THE REGULATOR SHOT?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Sounds like it could be the regulator. Go to the main valve and shut it and then open it up slowly, sometimes if the tank valve is opened to fast the regulator can lock up. IF you have an LP detector make sure it is also turned on. You should have LP flow as soon as the valve is opened up. IF you are getting no LP at all then I would replace the regulator..... Hope this helps.... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi another expert sent me a video that might help on hooking up to an external tank, maybe this will help some, copy and paste the link into your browser... Robert
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jovTYfltUO0