Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a fully charged battery connected to my trailer but

Customer Question

I have a fully charged battery connected to my trailer but I am not getting any power in the trailer from the battery, any suggestions.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
When you are plugged into power the power converter will take the AC voltage and make the DC voltage, it should also charge the battery, when you unplug the converter will switch to battery power. So this could be an issue with the converter. Sometimes on the cable from the converter to the battery they will have a fuse OR auto breaker, the auto breaker will have two posts on it and many have a small tab that pops out when they trip. As a general rule if you had one it would be 18" from the battery and could be on the frame.The voltage on each posts to chassis ground should be the same, if you see a breaker.
IF you have a disconnect switch near the entry door please let me know..... Robert