peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 1987 Holiday Rambler ,Aluma Lite, I'm looking for

Customer Question

I have a 1987 Holiday Rambler ,Aluma Lite, I'm looking for a replacement wiper linkage parts for the driver side.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
You might contact an RV repair facility locally if you can to see if they can still obtain/order in the parts needed.If they cannot help you may have to locate these used as an older model like this here some parts may not be available any longer.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete, I thought you may know where I could find this part. I have been looking on the web for some time. I have checked all of the supply houses I can think of. I was hoping that you , being a RV mechanic you may know of dealers or just someone that would have the part. The unit I have is a single wiper motor for each side . What I need is the shaft housing that the wiper arm mounts onto. The housing is made of white metal or zinc. And the mounting holes are broken off. Its real discouraging that I can't get help. I use to be a machinist and if I could get hold of a lath and a few other machines I could make my own parts. Sorry to ramble on. I'm just venting. If you can help me let me know . Thanks William !
Unfortunately I myself do not know where to obtain the part you need.I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good day Pete, William here. I'm sorry you couldn't help me with this issue . I went to a junk yard with no success. Talked with other RV's and dealers . I believe Dealers will not help a person with an RV that wants to do their own work. So I went back on line and searched (Dual Arm Wiper Assemblies ). I'm going to help you this time ! No cost to you ! Maybe you can help someone else that wants to repair their own wipers. Check out web sight ( www.amequipment.com ). Thanks for encouraging me to trudge on. May God Bless you in days to come. William.