peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2014 Thor Hurricane 34j with one slide-out on driver'

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2014 Thor Hurricane 34j with one slide-out on driver's side. When I try to extend the slide-out, it moves one inch out and stops. It retracts one inch and it stops. I went to the computer, pushed reset button according to instructions, 6 times, 7th time I held it and tried to extend and retract again, but nothing happens. The next available service apt in any RV shop is in August, and I was ready to go on vacation. Can you tell the locations of the mechanisms. I have looked outside, but they are not visible. Also, I checked circuit breakers, and they are okay. Any help would be highly appreciated.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
From what you have described this sounds like a debris issue blocking the slide from moving as I have seen in some cases.Inspect the area the slide moves for any restrictions as well as any damage and if a fault is found it will need repaired to correct this here.If this is all checked and found o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete