Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have 1997 cummins325hp no power

Customer Question

hi i have 1997 cummins325hp no power
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
I would be looking at the Charge Air Cooler (CAC) and piping, the CAC will sit in back of the radiator, it will have rubber boots going into it. Check the boots and clamps make sure the boots are not ripped and the clamps are tight. You can also get some soapy water, spray down the CAC and piping, have a second person start the engine and apply the foot brake, put the unit in drive and apply about 800 RPM'S, do not go over that mark, look at the CAC and piping and any bubbling would be a leak once that happens you can loose power if the system is compromised. On very large leaks you will hear and feel the air coming out. Beyond that it could be an issue with the turbo and I would have a shop check it out... Hope this helps some... Robert