Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Igot a fifth wheel and the air conditions run awile and then

Customer Question

Igot a fifth wheel and the air conditions run awile and then trip breaker even just one running does the same thing everything else is cut off
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
Are you using any adapters or extension cords on the main cord??
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I cut one a c on and it runs fine for about a hr then trips inside breaker. flip off breaker to that one cut the bedroom a c on and it does the same I cleaned both filters good and bedroom a c has run 3 hrs now without tripping breaker although it rain and cooled down here 15 degrees thanks in a bind I work out of camper
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
I would get up on the roof and inspect the condenser and evaporator fins and make sure they are not plugged up. I would also be checking the AC connections at the AC unit and verify you have the proper voltage. When these AC units get plugged up or dirty you can see more problems when it gets hotter as the air as the air flow is being choked off causing the unit to work harder. Below is a link for you so you can see where the fins or coils are located and it will give instruction on cleaning. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert
Link... Copy and paste into browser...
http://bryantrv.com/roofac2.html