Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2008 21fb which has a leak in the front window. The

Customer Question

I have a 2008 21fb which has a leak in the front window. The water comes in under the seal and around the screws holding the inner frame. What should I do to solve this. The caulking looks good with no cracks. Could the water be entering from the roof or is it likely the seal on the window?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
I would reseal that window and see if it takes care of the issue. Remove the window and clean the old gasket or tape off the frame. You can use butyl tape, when you secure the window back on and tighten the screws the butyl will ooze out so let it sit for about 2 hours, scrape the butyl around the frame with a plastic scraper and then I would tape off the window with painters tape, put the tape 1/4" onto the window frame and another piece 1/4" onto the siding and apply some clear silicon, spread it out so it goes onto the tape and then pull the tape, this will give you a nice uniform line.
You can look above the window on the roof for any hardware, pull a screw or two out and look for rust on the screw, it would be an indication of a leak. Just make sure to put a dab of silicone in the screw hole before putting back in...
Hope this helps, IF you have ore questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit... Robert