Larry Welch
Larry Welch,
Experience:  Master RV Tech at Hickory RV
81671807

I have a 2006 Itasca Meridian diesel pusher. It doesn't have

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Itasca Meridian diesel pusher. It doesn't have AC mounted units on the roof but it has what is referred to as a "basement AC" manufactured by Coleman. Apparently there are two units that work together and now only one is working and not very well. If I turn on the breaker for AC#2 it hums but nothing happens so I have kept it off. Getting ready to take to shop on Monday, 30 June but the service manager told me that Coleman has gone out of business and parts are very hard to come by. Is that true and if so, what options do I have? Thanks for any advice.
Category: RV
Expert:  Larry Welch replied 1 year ago.
Hi Larry here. You can have the basement units removed which will remove a lot of weight. At any 14"x14" roof vent a non-vent A/C unit can be installed with the installation of 120vac. Let me know if you need any thing else. Thanks for the question. Please rate.