Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2001 tiffin zephyr...buzzer going off can't find....goes off

Customer Question

2001 tiffin zephyr...buzzer going off can't find....goes off when engine is running.I know it's not jacks on leveling system, for they have their on separate buzzer. Any thoughts? Thanks
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
What engine and chassis do you have? Are you getting any alarms on the dash?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
450 cummins freightliner...alarm seems to be coming from drivers side dash
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
When you release the parking brake does the alarm still sound?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
I suspect this could be one of the sensors, the parking brake sensor or air tank sensor. I would check all your gauges and make sure everything is in range and that the air pressure is built up and it should be safe to drive to a shop to have a better look. I might inspect the wiring to the sensors, normally you would see the sensor near the air tanks, it will have 12 volt wires and air lines going to it, make sure the wires are not corroded. The parking brake sensor should be right below the pull handle for the parking brake, it will also have wires and air lines going to it. I am not aware of anyway to disable the alarm... Robert