Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2007 Sunova 33T. I have no 12volt battery power, to

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Sunova 33T. I have no 12volt battery power, to the house, unless I'm connected to a 120v service.
Both batteries are new. All grounds to the chassis are clean having 0 voltage drop.
Auxiliary battery switch feels like it is operating.
The battery disconnect solenoid had a blown 5 amp fuse on the battery feed side. It was replaced but the problem remains. Rechecked the new fuse, still ok.
Power exists at both the solenoid lugs when 120v cord is plugged in.
Power exists only at the battery side of the solenoid when disconnected.
All breakers and 12 fuses have been checked in the chassis electrical box, and the power panel below the refrigerator.
Don't know where or what to check next. HELP
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
When you hit the battery disconnect switch can you hear or feel the solenoid click each time? IS that solenoid in a battery control box, the box would have fuses, solenoids and breakers with a circuit board, if so what is the make and model on that?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Although I submitted this yesterday, I don't see a response so I'll take it you didn't get it for some reason.
I do not hear the solenoid click when I hit the disconnect. The solenoids are located in a separate box behind a panel where the 12 volt circuit breakers are located. Winnebago Itasca drawing 154491pgs 1 and 2. I have power to one side of the battery relay disconnect, but not the other unless the 120v lead is plugged in. Where do the house batteries connect to 12 buss powering the 12v breakers. Or how do I test to find the defective part ? A timely response would be appreciated.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Have a feeling this might be the solenoid if you have power on one large post on the solenoid and not the other DC voltage is present and it should be working when you hit the switch inside. IF you had no power on one side of the solenoid then it would be a DC supply issue to the solenoid. The trigger wire would be on the smaller post of the solenoid, follow the smaller wires and make sure they are not going to a breaker or fuse in that box. Normally if you can jump the posts and power comes on it is an issue with the solenoid...
Robert