Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Why does my 120 V system shut off after an hour of operation

Customer Question

Why does my 120 V system shut off after an hour of operation either by shore power or generator? This means no power towall plugs, AC, oven, etc. to get 120 going (for an hour) I cut off the shore power switch momentarily and then back on.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....

I would be looking at the ATS (Automatic Transfer Switch) the ATS detects the incoming power source and switches back and forth between generator and shore power. Sometimes the relays can stick and you will get no power on one source. What I would do is find the ATS and see if you have AC voltage in and out of the ATS, IF you have power going in and nothing coming out the ATS is at fault. Some of the AC power will also go through the inverter, so I might shut that down and reset it as well to see if that helps... My feeling is since all the AC power is missing then it could be the ATS but need to check power in and out of it.... Robert