gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have 2 Dometic air units on my 2008 Georgetown. Both have

Customer Question

I have 2 Dometic air units on my 2008 Georgetown. Both have worked fine, then began to short cycle at the same time after a trip and short stay in Toledo. The mayflies were thick as fog there. I thought maybe the condenser fins might be clogged...they are clean. What would be might next move?
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.
Hi, short cycling is usually caused when the cold air from the output of the ac is mixing with the return air. take down the ceiling panel and with some foil tape, re isolate one side from the other, once its down you will see what I mean. take a look and let me know what you see, thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

In otherwords, "caulk" with the foil tape to seal any potential leaks?

I don't see any obvious leaks but that means nothing.

Hi, that is correct, but no caulking, do that first then if it does not resolve itself we will move on,thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I didn't mean "caulk" literally. Maybe re-seal with foil tape would have been more accurate. I will do that this evening.

thanks the other would be very messy, but you know, Michael, and you are correct