Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Is there a reset g6a-7e water heater, it worked fine

Customer Question

is there a reset for model g6a-7e water heater, it worked fine then just stopped.when I turn on switch the orange light stays on, and no igniter sound or gas sound or smell.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Go to the outside access where the circuit board is located, look for a brown wire, on the brown wire will be a plastic sleeve, that is the thermal cutoff, when it blows it will cut power to the circuit board. Make sure it is not blown, if you have to for testing bypass it and see if the water heater starts sparking.
Next unplug the connector on the circuit board and clean the contacts on the board with a pencil eraser, sometimes this can be a weak link. Beyond that I would have the circuit board tested, most RV shops have a special board tester to tell if the board is good...
Robert