peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2002 E450 Class C motor home. The left rear turn signal

Customer Question

I have a 2002 E450 Class C motor home. The left rear turn signal and brake light is not working. However the left front tune signal is working. any sugestions?
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
From what you have described here this sounds like broken wiring leading to the rear turn and brake light.I would have the wiring inspected at the light and leading from the light to locate the cause and repair it from there.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Pete. I have done what you have suggested but all the wires seem to be in good shape. Could this be a problem in the turn signal switch since the front left blinker is working?
Your welcome.
This can be a fault with the turn signal switch itself if it isn't sending a signal out on one of its wires that may feed the lights that are not working.I would trace the turn signal switch wiring and see if any issues are found with it and to see if it leads to a splitter or splice that may have an issue.If this is all o.k. the switch may need replaced.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again. What is the best way to check for a bad turn signal switch?
I apologize for the delay as I was off line the last few days.
You would have to have the signals tested going in and coming out of the switch for best test results on it.Unfortunately I don't have the wiring diagram myself to tell you what to test here but a shop or repair facility that works on these should have the correct diagrams and test equipment.
Thanks Pete