gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

How do I get the air conditioning to turn on. I have

Customer Question

How do I get the air conditioning to turn on. I have switched the wall control thru air on and auto and checked the fuses and breakers. Do I need to be plugged into 30 amps.
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.
Hi, in answer to your question " do I need to be plugged into 30 amps"..........you do need shore power or a generator to operate the air conditioner, as it is a 120v ac appliance, please get back to me for clarification and we can move forward, thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am plugged in but only to 15 amps. The man I bought the trailer off of only spoke German so I could not understand him but he was trying to tell me something about it
thanks, ***** ***** amp circuit will turn the ac on, however it may trip when the compressor tries to come on the second time, but for test , it should come on. Does everything else work ? outlets ect