Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Morning Robert Last trip had isue with Check engine light turn

Customer Question

morning Robert Last trip had isue with Check engine light turn engine off would reset The abs light low battery and low air perssure light would flash engine seamed to run fine
happened several times
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
To me this sounds like you are having an intermitten low voltage issue, the electronics are very sensitive to low voltage so if the voltage was dropping off just a little then it could cause this type of issue. To start I would have the batteries load tested, make sure they are in good condition, look really close at the battery connectors make sure they are not loose at all, follow the battery cables to the alternator and make sure they are not rubbing on the frame on a screw has caught the cable, have seen that before. Make sure the alternator belt is also snug. At 1500 rpm's you should have about 14 volts on the back of the alternator. To me this appears like a loose connection point, also make sure the ground to the frame is clean and tight....
IF you can not find the cause of the problem I might have a cummins shop hook up and see what faults are coming up, anytime the engine light goes OFF it should store a code, with the proper software a shop can see what codes are being stored... hope this helps some... Robert