Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a dometic rm2611 not cooling but freezer works it is

Customer Question

I have a dometic rm2611 not cooling but freezer works it is older but previous owner only used it 4-5 months of the year.I bought Rv 2014 do I need to replace
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello looking for answer please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Have you tried running it on LP and AC power with the same results?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No just Ac
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
I would try it on LP as well if it will work. IF it fails to cool on LP or same results it could be the thermistor or cooling unit. IF it cools on LP then could be a heating element, control board issue.
Since the freezer is getting cold I suspect it is that thermistor or cooling unit. What you can do for the thermistor is go to the outside access and remove the cover, you will see the circuit board, on the circuit board will be a two wire connector, P-2 that is the thermistor, unplug it and let it run for about 4 hours and see if the box gets cold. IF it gets cold the thermistor is bad, when they fail or unplugged it should default to full cooling.
IF it still does not cool I would replace the fridge, the cooling unit can be replaced but they cost about 1/2 of a new fridge and the labor is more to change the cooling unit, also a new fridge will come with a warranty... Robert