peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2013 enterra, the bedroom slideout only moves about 4 inches

Customer Question

I have a 2013 enterra, the bedroom slideout only moves about 4 inches and stops, but will slide back in the 4 inches. what is my problem? After that I started blowing 40 amp fuses in the truck every time I hit the brakes with the trailer in tow. When I'm not towing, the fuse doesn't blow.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
Most likely the slide is damaged or a bracket may be bent causing the short movement like this here.This will need inspected further for any damage and repaired as needed.
The fuse shorting out only with a trailer plugged in usually indicates a short with the trailer itself,I would have the trailer wiring checked for any damage and repaired as needed.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Pete but the 50amp fuse in the trailer was blown. Aft I replaced it, the fuse under the hood on the truck hasn't blowed. I will let you know about the slide as soon as it stops raining
Your welcome.Let me know how this turns out here and if you need anything else.
Thanks Pete