gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

Yeah I have a 1994 skyline normad I am having electrical problems

Customer Question

yeah I have a 1994 skyline normad I am having electrical problems it as a 5000 wt onain gernoator in when it runs it doesn't charge the batteries up and when the batteries run out the generator dies and the heater guit I have power at the thermostat but I have no power coming out
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and when I plug power into it it don't charge the batteries, and on the thermostat there is a power a ground and wires that go to the heater and then there is a plug that is not hooked up is there another wire that plugs into it that may of came unplugged
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.
Hi,, your coach uses a converter/charger to charge the batteries, it appears its not functioning properly, do you have a voltmeter, and locate the converter. It will be either part of the distribution panel, or a 'stand alone' unit which is screwed into the floor behind it, take a look and let me know, please supply me with the model number of it, thanks