peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Need a ABS control module or head 98 Damon Daybreak on

Customer Question

need a ABS control module or head for a 98 Damon Daybreak on a chevy chassis
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Left front disc brake is locked up. Mechanic said I need a new ABS control modulator. I think I may have a bad brake line. What do you think?
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
If you have a bad brake line usually it would be pinched closed causing to much pressure locking on the brake.I have seen the brake caliper fail and cause one brake to lock up like this here,if this was not checked this needs done to see if this is the cause.
The abs modulator or hydraulic unit can also fail and cause this issue needing replaced.If you cannot locate the parts new for your model from an RV service center or dealer you would have to check for used parts.
Thanks Pete