Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have none stop heat coming out of one floor vent whenever

Customer Question

I have none stop heat coming out of one floor vent whenever the motor is running. It is not related to the furnace, road heat or fans on the motorhome or heating system. Its hot! I have a 2000 winnebage sundancer. It started a few trips back. Is there a switch?
Thanks
***** *****
Fallon, nv
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert..
Sounds like you have the optional motor aid with the heater, on the dash panel lower left (Below steering wheel) you should have a battery boost switch and above that a switch for Rear auto heater switch, make sure that it is off. I know on some they only has a setting for low and high which means you are going to get some heat coming out the vents. The motor aid heats the water and also has an option for a heater which would use the engine coolant and a heat exchange, that could be what you are seeing under the couch.... Hope this helps, please feel free to contact me if you have more questions or concerns.. Robert