Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a Duo Therm A/C in a 1998 motorhome. Model No. is 630035.321.

Customer Question

I have a Duo Therm A/C in a 1998 motorhome. Model No. is 630035.321. The refrigeration seems fine but the fan motor is often very sluggish to start up. I pulled the cover this am and there is a Cambridge capacitor 3045 uf 370-- that would seem the likely problem. Text on the outside is some smudged and it has quite a few leads. Indicates made in the UK. Is there a replacement?
It is located to the side in a small compartment with another what appears to be condenser that has no visible id.
Thanks, ***** *****
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
You should still be able to get the capacitor, the dometic part number is(###) ###-####321. I would call a reputable RV parts store or supply and they should be able to look at that number and and get you one. I would try PPL, below is a link for you copy and paste that into your browser. I have to agree with replacing the capacitors unless the fan motor is at fault.... Hope this helps... Robert
One thing I want to mention is that the capacitors have to be discharged, if you touch across the terminals you can get jolted pretty good...
Link.....
http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv_parts_rv_accessories.htm