gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I ave a 2000 Flair on a workhorse chassis. I have not been

Customer Question

I ave a 2000 Flair on a workhorse chassis. I have not been able to use for 3 years, there is a electrical problem. The brake lights stay on all the time and the auto park brake system does not work. Also the brake pedal does not need to be pressed to take out of park. I'm lost and can not find the problem. Are there any recalls for this problem. I have all the electrical diagrams but no pictures of the underhood relay locations.
Thank you
Jim xxxxxxxxx
xxx-xxx-xxxx
xxxxxxxx,xxx
Category: RV
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you for your question.
sorry for delay.
If brake lights are staying on then you will be able to put into gear without stepping on brake since it is seeing that the brake lights are on.
Check for a brake light switch under dash by brake pedal linkage it is usually a two part switch,,half for brake lights and half for park brake signal. If its stuck closed brake lights will stay on.
try pulling wires off but mark wires and there location before trying.
Let me know if brake lights go out and park brake works.
If you have the wiring diagram on your computer can you send to me in reply box so I can help you figure this out?
Let me know