Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a flagstaff V-Lite. We are traveling today to a San

Customer Question

I have a flagstaff V-Lite. We are traveling today to a San Diego Rv park. We just made a pit stop & the slide won't open. We can hear the motor trying to open it, but nothing happening. Suggestions?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is Robert...

Sorry for the long delay I see no other experts have responded.

Make sure you have good battery voltage AT the battery, many of these slide rooms are wired directly to the battery, so if you are not plugged in the converter would not charge the battery and voltage may be a little low. IF the voltage is under 10.5 volts when you run the room it would be an issue, the motor may try and run but not enough voltage to push the room out, check your cable connections as well. IF the voltage is good and you can hear the motor then something may have failed and it might not be a simple fix... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert