Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I own a 2012 Fleetwood storm RV.We have a Dometic

Customer Question

I own a 2012 Fleetwood storm RV.
We have a Dometic Awning.
We tried to move the motorhome with the awning extended.
It retracted and does not respond to the wall switch any longer.
What would I have to do to get it working again.
Thank you for your assistance
Randy Elliott
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Do you have the model number of the awning. The reason the awning ran in is because it has an ignition override to prevent you from driving off with the awning out. The ignition over ride is controlled from the chassis side. MAKE sure the ignition key is OFF. I would next check for any blown fuses in the chassis fuse box, I believe that fuse box will be under the front hood area. IF you have to turn the ignition on and get a 12 volt test light and probe your fuses. IF you can get me the model number of the awning it might help... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model number is: 895(x)0(x)(x).400(x)
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
What I might do to start is jump DC voltage to the motor wires direct and make sure the motor is good, if the motor does not move then swap the jumper wires, the ignition override could be at fault as well but hard for me to say where that is located I would think under the front engine access in a battery control box. Below is a wiring print/manual for you if you can jump the motor and it works I might bypass the interlock so you can use the awning, the print might help.... Copy and paste the link below into your browser... Robert
Link...
http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/Power%20Patio%20Installation%20Instructions_3312737.038.pdf