Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977
10974363

I have a Norcold N1095, the display keeps beeping and going

Customer Question

I have a Norcold N1095, the display keeps beeping and going through the AU, AC, and LP sequence. The fridge will not come on when I switch to AC, or LP. I checked to see that I had AC power to the receptacle behind the fridge while my Seneca was plugged in, and also opened my LP bottle and lit my stove and heater to ensure good gas flow. Can it be that display board that has gone out?
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am accessing the literature on your refer to refresh my mind I will be right back, Michael
go to the back of the refer, open the exterior door, you will see the control module, plastic box with wires going to it...............remove the cover, unplug the 12volt supply from the circuit board, wait a minute or so, and see if it will reset, let me know, thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok it'll be a bit before I can get to it.Thanks
thanks for responding, take your time I will be here.........Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please see the image attached. Would it be the box on the upper left?
yes that is the control box
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not at the camper right now, that's a pic I took yesterday. Do you think it's the red wire that's is visibly penetrating the upper right of the box?
No, that is the lp ignition wire, it will be at the bottom of the board, you will see two wires coming from the coach to supply 12volts to the refrigerator. locate the wires coming from the coach, and follow them to the board..........Or disconnect the battery , or shut off the battery cut off switch, has the same effect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I disconnected the red and white wire coming to the board from the push-on terminals and plugged them in again and I still have the same result. My 12V system is indicating 13.2V on my 3 batteries for my coach. I'm sure there's a relay somewhere that's out, but I can't locate it.
Thanks thats the first step, now lets go onto the next one. I am going to have you do a reset on the control board. For this , I need you to take the cover off of the control box, and if you can take a photo of the board, I can give you the correct reset procedure .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the cover off, checked the fuses, and unplugged what seems to be the same type plug that goes into the digital controller.
Hi, here is a link to the reset of the board, follow the reset proceedure , and let me know if indeed it does reset. thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No luck using the procedure attached. I may have to hire a professional.
Good morning, if the reset does not work, and was done properly, the control module will need to be replaced to resolve your issue, there is an upgrade available, which includes the optical interior control. 633292
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mr. Michael,
The problem was this little limit switch. I reset the button in between the two wires and the fridge began to work. I thank you for your help in this matter. Maybe my findings can help you or someone else in the future.Thanks Again,Taeger
Thanks , I have enjoyed working with you.............Michael