Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Endeavor diesel fuel gauge not working , what do I look fo

Customer Question

endeavor diesel fuel gauge not working , what do I look for?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
This could be the sender, dash gauge or wiring. To start I would check the connections at the gauge, with a test light or meter see if you have power going to the gauge. After that it might get difficult, the sender sits on top of the tank, on some there is an access panel in the storage compartment next to the tank, on others there is no access and the tank would have to be drained and then supported and dropped down to check the wires on the sender. Normally what you can do if you have power to the sender is remove the ground, apply to the chassis bolt, frame and then turn the key on and the gauge should move. IF the gauge moves then bad sender, most times the sender is the issue.
IF you have no voltage at the sender or gauge look in the chassis fuse box for a blown fuse... In the shop to do the sender if the tank needs to be dropped it takes about 4 hours of labor, if you do have to bring it in I would try and get the fuel as low as possible normally the fuel will get dumped into drums and then pumped back in but it can take some time doing that... Hope this helps... Robert