Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 1999 prowler 19in and can't find my gfi outlet. Only

Customer Question

I have a 1999 prowler 19in and can't find my gfi outlet. Only 2 of my outlets work in my camper and can't figure out why any ideas???
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
Are you using any adapters or extension cords on the main cord?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have a surge protector plugged into one of the outlets that work only to give me more plugins cause none of the others work
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK....
Normally the GFI'S are in the bathroom and or galley however they can be located just about anywhere else including the outside, I would search high and low and look outside as well.
The next step would be to isolate the power and start checking the outlets starting with the one closest to the breaker panel working your way away from the panel. IF you have voltage in and out of the breaker it should be making it to the outlets. Many times they are tied together so if one fails the others will as well. I would also see if you have that voltage in and out of all the breakers.
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looked hi and low already no sign of one and the oulet that works is the furthest from the breaker box which is why I'm at a loss here
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
So what I would do is go right to that first outlet and see if you are getting AC voltage to it, if not go to the breaker panel and check for voltage in and out of the breakers. IF you have voltage at that first outlet then go to the next and so on... Possible that one working outlet is on another breaker so I would also see which breaker controls that outlet as well. It is very rare to not find a GFI in the bathroom or galley unless someone has messed around and got rid of it.... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok lemme see what I got
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good... Robert