Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2007 Damon Sun Break 35 feet class A motor home 12k. Everything

Customer Question

2007 Damon Sun Break 35 feet class A motor home 12k. Everything working just fine and stereo quit and lost all 12 volt power to coach lights, pump, I mean everything. Checked all fuses, inverter, batteries all good but no luck.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert..
Near the entry door do you have a battery disconnect switch? IF so do you hear a click each time it is pressed?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a battery disconnect switch by the door and it sounds like it does make a click but not very loud, you have to put your ear right next to it and it is still very faint. Any way to check it by bypassing it so I do not have to buy one if it is working properly?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Need to find the solenoid for that switch, sometimes you can hear the solenoid click each time the switch is pressed. IF you can not locate it by sound follow the house battery cable and it will lead right to it. Once you find the solenoid you will see two large posts on the solenoid, check for power on each side, if you have power on one side and not the other get an insulated wire and jump the posts to see if power comes on, if so bad solenoid. Sometimes tapping them will unseat them. They do fail. IF you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit.... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try to find the solenoid and test it. I will get back to you. Thanks
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good....
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Robert the solenoid checked out good so I am stumped. We were driving from Arizona to Seattle and hit Nevada and cd on stereo ejected and a few minutes later wife was in bathroom and lights went out. Maybe a bump in the road and a bad connection may be at fault but spent hours trying to track it with no luck. Any ideas on where to look?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Really hard to say where the problem is at. Power should come from the battery through the disconnect to the fuse box. The only other thing I can offer is to get a 12 volt test light and start probing for power. A test light is a quick and easy way to see where the power is missing. This sounds even difficult in the shop. IF you would like to try another expert please let me know, I only get credit when you select a rating.... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Robert I have been testing the 12 volt system most of the day and still working on it. I have never used this site so I did not know I was to rate you until we figured out if your advice was helpful in finding out the 12 volt issue. So should I rate you now or when issue is figured out? Let me know.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
My goal is for you to be satisfied, you can rate whenever you like, no hurry on my end.... Robert