Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

E350: I have a small RV with the E350 chassis. I've been having

Customer Question

I have a small RV with the E350 chassis. I've been having problems with my generator and now I believe it is a problem with my fuel system. If I provide an outside source the generator runs fine but when I use the main fuel tank that feeds both the E350 engine and the genset the genset dies after 10 minutes. I've found that if I unscrew the gas cap that the genset will run 20-30 minutes. I have no problems with fuel getting to the truck engine. Any ideas?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
I would be looking at the supply line from the tank to the generator. sometimes they will use rubber fuel like and over time it can crack and get brittle, once that happens you can suck air into the line and cause the generator to shut down, look for any hose clamps as well that might be loose, I would start with replacing the line... Hope this helps... Robert