Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We have a2001 georgie boy pursuit. We cannot get any battery

Customer Question

We have a2001 georgie boy pursuit. We cannot get any battery power unless the ignition is turned on . We cleaned battery terminals but still nothing.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Are you missing the DC power for the interior? DO you have a battery disconnect switch near the entry door and if you do when you hit that switch do you hear a click each time?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes we do have that switch
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And the red light is on
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
What I would do to start is find the solenoid for that switch. When you hit the switch it should trigger a solenoid and allow power into the RV. Sometimes when they fail you will get no DC power inside for the interior. Listen when you hit the switch for a click, that would be the solenoid, if you can not locate it by sound follow the battery cables and it will lead to it. The solenoid will have two large posts on it, check for power on each side, if you have power on one side and not the other get an insulated wire and jump the posts and see if power comes on if so bad solenoid, if you have no power at the solenoid follow the cable back and look for a tripped breaker. IF you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert