Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My Norcold 510.3 won't turn on. I already changed the digital

Customer Question

My Norcold 510.3 won't turn on. I already changed the digital display board
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
Sounds like it could be the circuit board located on the back of the fridge. I would verify your DC voltage at the terminal block and even try a different DC source to make sure it is not the issue. On the circuit board will be a fuse, make sure the fuse is not blown nor loose in the holder, verify the fuse has voltage as well. Also you can try and reset the circuit board, the manual will show you how to do that. Below is a service manual for you which should help, copy and paste that into your browser... Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert...
http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/n5051.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea how to check dc voltage?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
You will need a volt meter, most auto parts stores sell them, on the back of the fridge should be a terminal block where the supply wires are going, with the meter set to DC it should be 12 volts.. The manual I sent will show where to check for voltage. Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also what page on the manual does it say how to reset the board?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The supply wires are a plug that goes into an outlet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And I have a voltage meter
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Your fridge should have a DC circuit board on it, look at the manual and follow the troubleshooting tree. The reset procedure is on page 20.
The circuit board would be located outside under the access panel to the back of the fridge. The fridge needs DC power to turn on....
Robert