Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2013 keystone cougar 29th 5th wheel Battery was dead so

Customer Question

2013 keystone cougar 29th 5th wheel
Battery was dead so I replaced it yesterday.
After replacing it, the slide-outs work, along with the awing and the jacks.
However, none of the lights work.
NOTE, I have not connected the 5th wheel to a 30 amp electrical connector yet.
Leaving town today for a trip and need to get this resolved.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...

Yes everything should work off of the battery, the jacks and slide-out are wired direct to the battery. When you are plugged into power the power converter takes the AC voltage and makes the DC voltage, it should also charge the battery. Sometimes you will find an auto breaker between the battery and converter. Below is a picture, most have a small tab that pops out when they trip. As a general rule they like to stick them 18" from the battery and could be on the frame, the voltage to chassis ground should be the same on each post. They also could be using an in-line fuse. Follow the cables and check each breaker you find, the jacks and slide-room may also have one.
IF you have a battery disconnect switch inside the door please let me know.
The other issue is the converter, it may not be switching over th battery power... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Auto breaker.......

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi There

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Robert