Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have an Atwood rv furnace and a carrier air v ac

Customer Question

Hello, I have an Atwood rv furnace and a carrier air v ac combo with the digital wall remote control.
My issue used to be just the heater now it's both. First off the heater will randomly turn on and not shut off, it will continue to heat well passed it settings and continue until I pull the power from the board.
The ac unit also will not stay running, and will also not power down. I can shut the power off from the remote but it will beep and turn Itself back on again, it will randomly beep by itself as well and but won't turn on.
Neither unit will work as they should and now it's very frustrating, it's hot here and at the very least I would like to get the ac figured out.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is Robert.....
Sounds to me like you have a failed board, IF you have another roof AC unit that is the same I might swap the boards and see if you get the same results. Normally on an AC unit that will not turn off it is the T-stat or a failed relay on the board. Robert