Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Have power comeing in no ac in camper

Customer Question

have power comeing in no ac in camper
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert..
Do you have a generator and if so do you get AC power when you use it?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No generator
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Are you using any adapters or extension cords on the main cord?
Have you tried another supply source?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Call me at(###) ###-####no cords or adaper
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I do not do phone service, they also charge more for that, lets see if we can get it solved in this format.
The incoming power will got from the cord to the breaker panel inside. Go around and make sure you do not have a tripped GFI, normally they are located in the bathroom and or galley but can be located just about anywhere else including the outside. These outlets will have a test and reset on them.
The next step would be to check for voltage on the main breaker inside, check all the connections at the breaker panel as well. IF you are not getting voltage then possible bad shore cord. I might also get a polarity checker, it will plug into the outlets and tell you if you have a wiring issue, most home improvement stores sell the checkers for a few dollars. I did look for recalls and did not see any regarding this.... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Has one gfi in bathrooms only one has power on wires be hind power box going thru wall on all 5 Ac wires no power any where else
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
You are going to have to check where the main cord comes into the breaker panel. It could be an issue with the cord or a loose connection inside the breaker box. Normally the cord is a straight shot from the cord to the breaker panel. check the cord ends as well and if you have not tried another source I would as well. Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would a 12 volt fuse have any thing to do with it
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Not for AC power however the power converter needs AC voltage to make the DC voltage. The AC power is protected with the breakers.... Sounds like a loose connection or bad cord IF you tried another supply source and have the same results...
IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit, also feel free to follow up if needed.. Robert