Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2008 Tiffin Allegro. The stairs suddely stopped

Customer Question

Hello
I have a 2008 Tiffin Allegro. The stairs suddely stopped working. I can hear a click when magnetic sensor is opened, and the light comes on underneath the steps but steps remain in.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Sounds like a bad motor or control box if the light is on. IF the light is on then the step is getting power. What I would do next to help narrow things down is go to the motor and disconnect the harness going to the control box, get a DC power source such as a battery and jump the motor to see if the steps extend, if they do not swap the jump wires and it should want to go out, if not bad motor sometimes tapping them will get them going one or two more times. IF the motor is good I suspect the control box is at fault... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert