Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a dometic new visions side by side with a ice maker.

Customer Question

I have a dometic new visions side by side with a ice maker. The unit works perfectly when parked and level, but when traveling the refrigerator won't get below 55 degrees and the freezer won't get below 40 degrees whether it's on lp or genset. I have had the unit checked by the local rv dealer and they said it was performing as designed but they are unable to road test it.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Sorry for the delay.
One test I would do is on the thermistor, what you can do the next time you are traveling is go to the circuit board and unplug the two wire connector which is the thermistor when you unplug that the fridge should default to full cooling. I would also verify your DC voltage going into the fridge before and after you drive to make sure that is not the issue. Make sure the upper vent is also clear. If the fridge cools well with the thermistor disconnected I would replace it.... Hope this helps some... Robert