Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My motorhome lights , plumbing pump,air conditioning,have no

Customer Question

My motorhome lights , plumbing pump,air conditioning,have no power when I plug in shore power cord to 30 amp service. Microwave display is on and tv will work .if I unplug lights will work and water pump,also if I turn generator on the air will work also .i called earlier on at fleetwood and was told to look for the power converter but not sure what it looks like .i checked fuses and breakers ,all good but when I took the fuse / breaker panel out to view the power converter ( only found a plastic cover box with what looks like a relay of some kind and a switch board looking Piece that has a red light on it that is not on ) the switch board looking Piece I noticed as I was checking fuses and got to the 5 amp fuse the light goes on and off quickly witch made me wonder if that light is always suppose to be on or not ? I have yet to see where the power Converter is located cause I'm told there is 2 fuses on it and may have one popped and the cause of the air , lights and pump not working
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert
The power converter will plug into an outlet and can be located under the fridge/stove, in back of the breaker panel. On the deck mount style they like to put them near the main breaker panel. Below is a link for you copy and paste that into your browser. That will give you an idea of what you are after. Not sure on the other part with the switch board, if you can include a picture in your reply I might have some idea of what it is... Robert
Also if you can tell me the make and model of the breaker/fuse panel it might help, some converter are part of that panel and others stand alone and plug into an outlet, the stand alone will have two fuses on it.
Link.... Copy and paste in browser...
http://www.wfcoelectronics.com/UI/Converters-WF-9845-45-Amp-Power-Converter.aspx?ptype=3&mcid=110&pcid=110&ccid=116&pid=16