peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I hae a 2005 winniebago sightseer workhorse chassis a resistor

Customer Question

i hae a 2005 winniebago sightseer workhorse chassis a resistor YH-1698 4c2z-19A706-BA for the dash ac which controls the low med high fan keeps blowing the low and med side it will work on high is there a updated replacement for this to stop this from happening
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
I have seen this issue occur on other models in the past and found the heater/ac blower fan motor itself drawing to many amps causing this fault here and had to replace the heater/ac fan motor.On high speed the resistor is usually by passed and is most likely why the blower works and resistor isn't damaged on high speed but on low speed or any other speeds this can damage the resistor.If you have not had the blower motor tested/checked to see if this is the cause here for sure this needs done.
Thanks Pete