Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a pop-up camper. The left brake light/turn signal/hazard

Customer Question

I have a pop-up camper. The left brake light/turn signal/hazard signal works. The right one does not work at all, but when I remove the red plastic cover, I can see that the bulb is "slightly lit" but not blinking - nor is it lit up very much. I tried a new bulb but got the same result.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
I would check the tow plug where it connects pull it apart and make sure all the wires are connected and not touching each other. To see if the problem is on the truck side get a test light and probe the pin for the turn signal while you have it on and the test light should flash brightly, if it is very dim check the connector on the truck side. A test light should allow you to see where the voltage is low as the light will be very dim and where it is bright. If the voltage is good at the tow plug follow that wire back and check all your connections... Hope this helps some... Robert