peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

2004 coachman class c on ford f450 base. Brake lights quit

Customer Question

2004 coachman class c on ford f450 base. Brake lights quit working. Changed switch at brake pedal still no power to rear socket for brake light. Running light side works no power at socket for brake light. Bulbs good as is ground a t socket. Power goes through me w switch when pedal depressed. Any thoughts. On where to look next as need to find break in continuity to rear end
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
I don't see any common breaks in the wiring myself on this model so what will need done is to trace the wiring starting at the light sockets themselves and tracing the wiring leading from the sockets all the way up to the front of the vehicle to locate the short or damaged wiring.Once located the wiring will then need repaired to correct this here.In most cases the short will be in the wiring where it exits the firewall.
Thanks Pete