peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a p30 based motorhome with a 454 engine. After siting

Customer Question

I have a p30 based motorhome with a 454 engine. After siting over night I have to use starter fluid to get it going then it runs ok. Any suggestions?
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The biggest cause for needing to use starter fluid to start the vehicle is that the fuel pump is either weak and not providing enough pressure for start up or the fuel filter is restricted needing replaced.If you have not had any of these checked to locate which is the cause here this needs done.In allot of cases both the fuel pump and filter need replaced as the filter usually causes the pump to fail if it is restricted.
Thanks Pete