gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

Carrier v, 2007 year, in cooling compressor runs min

Customer Question

Carrier v, 2007 year, in cooling compressor runs for 10 min and off for 3 mins, fan continues to run, does it when hot or cool, dry setting same thing , emergency run same thing, I have watched this for months, the timing is the same with in seconds
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I hate to be the barrer of sad tidings, however, the carrier unit has been rendered obsolete several years ago, and the only repair is to replace the unit with a coleman ac unit with a conversion kit for the controls, if you tell me if the unit has a heat pump I can give you the model numbers of the replacments you will need...............again sorry for the bad news.......please get back to me for clarification and the information about the ac unit, thanks