Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Camping world recently installed a suburban 6 gal gaT only

Customer Question

Camping world recently installed a suburban 6 gal gaT only hot water tank. I purchased it somewhere else and subsequently had issues with CW even though they agreed to install it.
It is very difficult to get the pilot to light. Takes several minutes of holding a flame to the pilot ignitor. Then after another 3-4 minutes if I hold the (clicker) over the main flame port the heater will kick on and heat the water. sometimes it blows back several times first.
It NEVER re-ignights after I have used sufficient hot water that it should do so.
Yes there is water in the tank, yes it does get hot fairly fast.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
I would really have the LP pressure checked at the back of the water heater to see what it is. A manometer is needed to check the water column. IF the voltage and LP pressure is good it has to be an issue with the water heater and I would see if PPL can help you out on that end. I might also consider going to a direct ignition model if possible..... Robert