Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a friend looking at my Jayco 35 5th wheeler (1989)

Customer Question

I have a friend looking at my Jayco 35 5th wheeler (1989) electrical system. He just text me to ask where the converter is on? I don't know, in the 7 years I have had it I have never had a problem until now. Anyway do know were the converter is?
thanks
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
The converter could be in a few areas not sure of the model of the Jayco? I would start outside and look for a vented panel near the battery, sometimes when they stick these outside they will have a vented panel to help the converter from over-heating. That would be a give away. The converter also could be inside near the breaker panel, under the stove, fridge etc. Try and see which way the battery cables are going. I would also follow the cables and make sure a shortstop auto breaker is not tripped, the AB will have two posts on it, most will have a tab on them that pops out when they trip, they normally are 18" from the battery and could be on the frame. IF you see one the voltage on each post to chassis ground should be the same. IF you can get me the model number of the Jayco I may have a better idea of where the converter is... Robert